I love watching baby shows. I used to watch the Baby Story and Bringing home baby on TLC all the time. Especially when I was on maternity leave with my son. On the Discovery Health Channel they are having a baby marathon and I've been watching it the past couple of nights, while blogging of course. I was watching Birth Day, Deliver Me, the one about the high risk babies (I can't remember the name of it?) So any how my daughter loves to watch them with me. I don't know if it's something she really should be watching but I figure it won't hurt her to know about the birthing process.
Well my babysitter had told me one day that Madisyn and a couple of the other little girls there her age were having an argument one day about where babies come from??? Her friends were saying the come from mommies bellies and Madisyn kept telling them they come from your belly but they also come from your cootie ( what she calls her female part) she said they pull your legs back really far and then someone catches the baby. I just about lost it when my sitter told me this. Maybe I shouldn't let her watch those shows? My sitter said well she knows what she is talking about. I just hope she doesn't ask how you get pregnant any time soon.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Where do babies come from?
Posted by Lindsay at 4:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
All I can say is she better not tell Emma how babies are made!!! I am sooooo not ready for that conversation. :)))
I think the high risk baby show you're thinking of is "Babies: Special Delivery" or something to that effect. I think I broke my TiVo watching baby shows. It just gives you a new appreciation for it now that you're experienced it.
My little one actually recognizes the theme to "Baby Story", if that says anything about how much I watch it. Hehehe...
Well i'm hoping she doesn't know that part and I would like to keep it that way for a while. :)
Yeah that's it thanks....I was like addicted to it. That is too funny that she recognizes it.
Oh, the "technical" sex queries get even better as kids get older. Oh yeah ... just wait. Technical terms *I* never heard are brought to my attention.
You can easily get pregnant from a dirty toilet seat. I'm just saying ...
That's hilarious!!! Maybe Mady has a future in sex education...
Post a Comment