Friday, June 6, 2008

The never ending job..........

I had a thought this morning ( I know what your thinking, you had a thought?) but really I was pondering on the laundry. I know it's one of those things that is always going to be there and there just isn't any easy way to do it. The problem is our washer and dryer is in the basement which I hate but what can I do? When we had our first house it was in the basement and I hated that. When we were at the apartment it was on the main floor, considering the whole house was on one floor. ( it was really tiny) So I said when we get another house I will have a laundry room on the first or second floor (second would be the best) Well we built a new house and once again the wash room is in the basement. We really couldn't afford the model up from the one we got and that one had the laundry room on the first floor. Darn it, we should of just sucked it up and got the next one up. Who cares if we couldn't eat or have clothes to wear it would save money and cut down on the laundry right??? So once again I'm back to bitching every time I go down stairs to do the laundry.

The other problem I have is that the washer and dryer I have is going on 8 years now so it doesn't work the best but it gets the job done. I think that the heating element is going out on the dryer because I have to run the damn thing twice with every load to get them dry (what a pain in the ass that is) So I have to put them in and then run back down when it's done to turn it on again so I don't have a wet ass when I put on my jeans. The dryer already takes way longer than the washer so the stuff I have in the washer has to sit in there for two dry cycles before I can put it in the dryer and then we start all over again. Sometimes I am just to lazy to go back down or after all that I forget I even put something in the washer and it sits for a day or two. ooops! Then it smells like something crawled in my washer and died. I have found that you can rewash and then dry but they still smell. I even tried drying them and then re-washing and they still smell. I have found that if you put a 1/2 a cup of vinegar in the wash when you re-wash them it does the trick. What a wonderful discovery.

I would love to get a new washer and dryer, the front loaders specifically but I don't know if spending $1000-2000 and up is in our budget when we do have a washer and dryer that work. (not well, but work) so I probably won't be getting a new one until one or both crash. Come on dryer die. The one perk to spending that kind of money is that they do save on water and energy which is a plus, especially when my husband was just complaining last night about me wanting to buy a bigger blow up pool for the kids.

Husband: It will kill the grass.

me: so the kids don't get to have fun cause your worried it will kill the grass that looks like shit anyhow because it's a new house and the sod still hasn't taken well.

Husband: It cost and waste to much money and water to fill it up.

me: whatever ( I bought it anyways. heehee! )

So the new washer would save on water which in turn saves on money. Then I will be happy, husband will be happy, and kids will be happy. :)

Ok so back to my original thought and why I began this whole thing. I think someone needs to come up with a washer and dryer combo. All in one kind of thing. Wouldn't it be great to be able to wash and dry all in the same machine??? I should invent that, I would be a millionaire! Not to have to listen to the buzzing washer telling you it's time to walk your lazy ass down the stairs and put the clothes in the dryer only to go back down in a hour and do it again. No more smelly clothes that got left in the washer to long. AWWWW that would be great wouldn't it?

I should copy write this so no one steels my idea. I'm sure it's already thought of though and maybe just possibly in the works?? That is one thing I would definitely have to buy if it ever came out.

8 comments:

JWilson said...

OMG I am so with you and all in one washer dryer. You would be a miilionaire.

I will say that I LOVE my front loader washer and it doesn't just save on water used but you don't have to use as much detergent and the clotes aren't as soaking wet so the dry time is less.

Lindsay said...

I really hate to burst your bubble (and money making genius) but they actually have them already :( My friend has one in her apartment that she just moved into, and they are really popular in Europe. I see them all the time in House Hunters International.

Check it: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8651149&type=product&id=1195599779972

Look up TROMM, too. That's the brand she has in her apt.

Sorry to poop in your Cheerios. I hope this helps, though!

Lindsay said...

Well there goes my dreams!!! haha!

I figured someone had to come up with that, shoot if they can clone an animal they have to be able to make a washer/dryer combo. I will definitely check it out thanks!

wolfqueen2 said...

Sorry sweetie, it has not only been thought of, its already on the market. Don't even ask how much it cost. You don't want to know. It seems to be pretty small, so I am not sure it would save on anything but transfer time. BTW I found you through Carrie. I love the picture. It's priceless.

Lindsay said...

Thanks guys my bubble has been bursted! haha! I was actually at Best Buy this weekend and I asked someone there about it and they told me they have them but not at that store and yes they are super expensive. I guess I will continue to keep running downstairs to start the dryer. :)

Anonymous said...

Hah... I can't believe Lindsay said she pooped in your cheerios. I think that's the first time in a long time I've actually laughed out loud from something on the internet.

Tiffany McCallen said...

I feel your laundry pain. The height of McCallen Laundry Mountain never seems to diminish, and at the bottom of my pile are always SPIDERS waiting for me. EEKS. Laundry haters, unite!

tiarastantrums said...

oh, there is a children's book that has this combo washer and dryer but the tital escapes my brain right now. Ah, I so need a new dryer too. I'm hoping that RIGHT NOW - the clothes in my dryer will be dry this time - running on a second time here! Gettingold fast!!!!!!!