I have been so busy this past weekend and couple of days that I have totally neglected my blog. I know I should be horribly punished. Saturday I had two birthday parties, Sunday was my husbands birthday and we had a cookout, Monday I had a tastefully simple party to go to, then last night my MIL picked me up to go tanning with her. It's so hard to work 40 hrs a week, take care of two small kids and a husband(who is a kid himself sometimes), a house, everything else that goes along with that and find some time to get on here and write about my newest adventure or thought that I have. However, I am totally addicted and love the people I have met or whatever you may call it, that I keep coming back. Everyone is so nice and sweet. You all have left such wonderful comments. In a way it's like therapy. I read the comments that you all leave and it just makes me feel so good and so welcome. I think someone said before it's like when your in school and you never want to be the last one picked for a game in gym class. Well here you never feel that way, you never have the feeling of rejection. Everyone is so welcoming and warm.
I have to give credit to my friend at McCallen Musings for being the one that got me started on the whole thing. I didn't even know what blogging was until I read hers and thought what a neat way to capture life's memories and moments, good and bad. So I decided to start one up. When I first started I remember I found Bottles, Barbies & Boys on the front page of the Dashboard and I clicked on it and started reading some of her blogs, I was totally hooked. I thought she was hilarious and her layout was really cool. I remember the first one I read was about Jacob. He had pooped up his entire back in the car while she was taking the girls to school. She even included pictures. I was cracking up and I told my friend over at The Wilson House, she had to check her blog out it was really funny. Then Apple Joos left me my first stranger comment, which like Candid Carrie said you never forget your first. Haha! Then I started visiting other blogs and I've found so many that I love and visit daily just to see what they will post next.
I hate to toot my own horn here but I have to take the credit for my new blogger friend over at Three princesses, the queen, and a frog. She is one of my really good friends. We worked together for 6 years when she decided to stay home with her three beautiful girls. I'm so jealous by the way of all you SAHM. I would give anything to be home with my kids but it is just not in the budget right now, anyhow she is a great friend and a good writer so I told her about my blog. I told her to check it out and that she should start one since she loves to read and write. She started three days ago and she is completely hooked. I'm pretty impressed with what she's done with the place to I might add. You were hard at work queen.
So I would just like to say thank you to all you ladies (and gentlemen) out there that let us into your lives and keep me coming back for more.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I'm back
Posted by Lindsay at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
HA! I read through that the first time to say that I left you your first "strange" comment. I was like "Uh,oh, that's totally something I'd do. I wonder what I said. I bet it was embarrassing." Then I re-read and realized you said stranger. Honey, it doesn't get much stranger than me, hahaha. Thanks for the shout out.
We must have joined about the same time because I also founf Bottles, Barbies and Boys on my Dash noard and started reading her first. I love applejoos too.
I do know what you mean about working fulltime and doing EVERYTHING else to - same thing in my life. I want to scream sometimes but then try to think it could be really worse.
Thank you for all the nice comments you have left me.
Apple, That is hilarious! I guess I could have worded that a little different huh? Were all a little strange at times. :)
Just the girl, we must have started at the same time that is too funny! I agree it could really be worse. I love my crazy life and I don't know what I would do with my time if I had more??? probably blog a lot more. :)
Ok I totally commented on this during my one and only break at work today but it's not here. :(((
So I think I said something like this; you should also take some cresit for my blog, or maybe you don't want to :)). (just kidding). anyway if it weren't for your encouragement and support I never would ahve done this and I would have been missing out on so much
Ok Missy seriously, I have tried to post a comment three times now and it's not showing up after I leave the comment page. What is up with that??? Did you block me or something???
So again all I want to say is that I ahve fallen in love with the blogging thing as well and I owe it all to you. Without your support I never would have sarted my own. So thanks and keep it up I love reading yours
I'm with you, I do love me some blogging! I bet my husband is rueing the day that he ever introduced me to it. He's made the comment before that he thinks I like blogging more than him. :( Sorry, but this is my only adult contact for the day!
It's nice to have you back! It's been so fun to get all our blogs rolling. I never knew it could be this fun... keep at it! I love reading what's going on in your life.
I think most of us started out about the same time! And we all also have Bottles, Barbies and Boys as a common link. Maybe we should all go thank her for putting us in contact with each other.
Yes. I give you all the credit. You are a great writer too and certainly have some great stories to tell. Maybe someday we will have two parter stories. One on your site and the other on mine. I really miss working with you but I wouldnt come back for all the money in the world darlin'. We really need to get to the Melting Pot and soon. I will call Sara...
Post a Comment