Saturday I was over at my in-laws for a cookout. My mother-in-laws sister and her husband are in town from Wisconsin, so we all got together just to hang out and spend some time together. I was sitting in the living room with my sister and brother-in-law and Mason was sitting there as well. Joey (brother-in-law) was sitting there and he had noticed that he had a screw in the bottom of his flip flop. He said oh well that is what has been poking me in the foot. I didn't know I had a screw in the bottom of my shoe. Then as he is pulling it out he says F*ckin screw. Well of course the brain of most 1 1/2 year olds are like a sponge so my son hears it and soaks it up. Then he says F*ckin screw, it sounded more like buckin skew but I knew what he was saying. We all looked at each other and started laughing. Of course Joey thought it was hilarious so he kept saying it so that Mason would repeat it. Now I know that a 1 1/2 year old should not be saying such profanity but for some reason when a little kid says a bad word it is really funny. I couldn't help but laugh.
My husband was working Saturday so he wasn't there yet but of course when he showed up Joey had to show Daddy the new word Mason learned and once again Mason repeated it. So instead of some good educational words he now has some profanity in his vocabulary. Oh well he will grow out of it just like Madisyn did. They used to make her say bad words and now she wouldn't do it if you bribed her. Guys just find it hilarious to make little kids cuss for some reason. As long as he doesn't share with the kids at the sitters I think it will be alright and he will soon forget it!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
A new word for my almost 2 year olds vocabulary
Posted by Lindsay at 10:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! Heck would have broke lose if that was my child. We're not so dumb as to think they won't cuss, but we've made a bargain with them-- no cussing until they get their driver's licenses. Then they can cuss like a Marine for all we care, but until then, they keep their language clean and so do we.
(Have you ever seen the video of the little girl explaining to her mommy what she's going to do to the monster? THAT is priceless. It's on youtube if you search "little girl kick my ass"
I don't cuss alot but my husbands family does. ALOT! Madisyn knows better but Mason has no idea! I tell him it's bad but he don't understand yet.
I haven't seen it I will have to check it out!
I'm feeling your pain. Livers is quite the repeater, so we have to be VERY careful with what comes out of our mouth.
Also, on top of being a good repeater she sometimes ain't too good at the pronunciation. Let's just say it's a real treat when we're in public and she wants a fork or to point out someone's shirt ;)
I'm with you, Joos.
Post a Comment