Thursday, May 22, 2008

Real (wo)men of Genius

My friends and I were talking about how our husbands will start a project but not finish it or take forever to even start it. For example one afternoon last summer my husband got an idea to go get paint for almost every room in the house. We spent a lot of money on paint and let me just tell you that we only got to the living room, kitchen and half bath. We have several gallons of paint stacked up in the garage. I would do it but he is very anal with it come to the painting. It has to be perfect so I am not aloud to do that task. (hopfully he will get to that soon??)

Well the other night I decided I would put this deck box, that we bought this weekend, together because I didn't feel like waiting for Robbie to do it. Well it didnt' turn out so well............I got it together and then had a blonde moment and realized I didn't put the bottom on and you have to do that first because it all snaps together. ooops! In my defense the other one we have, same brand and all just smaller, you had to snap the bottom in last so I figured this one was the same way......nope I was wrong. I didn't read the directions. Damn I acted just like a typical man, never reading directions. So I had to ask Robbie for help. Which I hate doing, I don't like to admit I screwed up. He had to pry the damn thing open because once it's snapped it's done. (Kinda like those plastic ties you use to secure something that make that clicking noise and you can't get back apart once you put them together.) So because he had to pry it open, it kinda got broken but it's ok you can't really tell. It just sucks becasue we just spent $60 on the damn thing! Way to go Linds way to go. Not my proudest moment.

Here you go Jess at The Wilson's house and Tiff at McCallen Musings you can add me to your new series. :)

2 comments:

JWilson said...

Too Funny! I bet you will read the directions from now on unlike a man who will never read them!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.