Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

After my husband fell through on his part of the deal Friday he had some making up to do. I must say he did a very good job. He did feel really bad Friday night and he apologized several times.

In case your wondering what happened, he was working on my babysitters roof and all of a sudden a huge rain storm hit as they were finishing up tearing off the old shingles. My sitter runs out screaming there is water everywhere. I guess there were some holes in the roof and the water was just pouring in. She had every bowl she owned trying to catch the water. Her husband had to run and get a huge tarp and my husband and the other guys that were helping were frantically trying to get it covered before her house got washed away. So in his defense it wasn't really his fault. Everything turned out ok, her house is fine all except for her TV that is not working now........but they went back the next day and finished the roof. (which looks great)

So back to Mother's day. My husband got up pretty early and got the kids ready and headed out for the store. Instead of just enjoying the peace and quiet and relaxing I took the alone time as my opportunity to get the house cleaned up and get some laundry done. Then I relaxed and watched TV while they made me breakfast. They made egg McMuffins, with canadian bacon, and sausage. It was really good and I enjoyed being waited on. They also cleaned up the kitchen and everything. (well mainly my husband but Mady helped a little). Then they gave me their gifts. Mady took me to the front door to show me that she had picked out this really pretty hanging basket and hung it on my Shepard hook in the front yard. It had some really pretty pink flowers almost a magenta color. (Good job Mady) Then my husband got me this really cute card. He is not a romantic type of guy so it wasn't one of those mushy ones but very like him. On the front it was red and it said Hot Wife, and then on the inside it was blue and said Cool Mom! It was cute! Then he had the kids sign it. He also got me a $25 gift card to Starbucks (my fav) Good job honey! We don't do extravagant gifts for each other so it was perfect. I'm not the type that wants the bling bling. I like simple practical gifts.

We went over to his mom's and spent a little time with her and then we headed over to my sister's house where my mom met us. We usually go to my mom's house but my sister and I both have little ones and we live really close to each other while my mom lives about a 1/2 hour away so she figured it would be easier for her to come to us. So me and my sis bought her dinner and we all just hung out nothing special, but my mom didn't care as long as she got to see her daughters and grandchildren. We used to take her to lunch and a movie but after we both had kids that just didn't work out to well. Plus my mom would rather spend time with her grandchildren anyhow. You don't go to mom's without the kids unless you want to be yelled at. I had a very nice and relaxing Mother's Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful mothers out there! One day a year really is not enough for all the work we do but it's so worth it anyhow! :)

3 comments:

JWilson said...

I very glad tha Robbie stepped up and made Mother's Day special for you, You deserve it. :))

Tiffany McCallen said...

That's terrific! Sounds like you had a great, relaxing day. You're a lucky lady!

Anonymous said...

I'm like you-- I'd rather have something practical than something overly priced.