Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gals night out

After the week I had last week I was dying for some girl time! So my friend Jess was kind enough to watch my kids for me for a couple hours Friday night and my husband was supposed to pick them up, but it didn't quite work out that way. (another story) Anyways, so I went out with Dee and Sara who I used to work with at my current job. They both left a couple of months ago. Sara needed more time to spend with her son so she found a new job with more flexible hours and Dee just had her third baby 5 weeks ago so she decided to stay at home and raise her girls. (I'm jealous, not about the three kids but because I would love to be home with my kids more) She now has three girls under 3. I have to give her props for that! whooo! Two is enough for me right now.

We met at Bar Louie's and had some appetizers and a much needed drink. I had the grape crush, which was very good, but very strong. It tasted like a grape Popsicle. YUM! ( I don't get out much nor do I drink much so I was feeling pretty good after just one drink). Then we did a little shopping because the Bar is located in a big indoor/outdoor mall. (Can't get better than that, a bar and a mall) Dee who just had the baby has already lost the baby weight and more (grrrr! ) so she was wanting a new bra and panties set! Then we decided to indulge ourselves in a sweet treat. So we headed over to Cheesecake Factory and had cheesecake and coffee. (very good! ) I had a great time hanging with the gals and gossiping of course about the latest stories. Filling them in on all the gossip at work that they have missed out on, and just catching up on each others lives since we don't talk daily anymore. (I miss them)

That's when I got the call from my husband that he had ran into a catastrophe and still had not made it to pick up the kids, who I had promised my friend they would be picked up by 9:00. At this point it was almost 10. We were pretty much done anyways since Sara had to pick up her boys and I'm sure Dee's husband was ready for her to come to his rescue from the trio. So I ended up picking up my munchkins and heading for home.

We had a great time and I can't wait to do it again very soon!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss having girlfriends. Everyone I know is too busy to get together like that. It's pretty sad. I'm trying to convince Pear that we should have a neighborhood Margarita night to get to know our neighbors. They're all about our age so I might be able to make some friends that way.

JWilson said...

It really was fine that Robbie didn't get the kids picked up when promised. :) They were both really good for me and kept my kids entertained while I cleaned. I'm just glad you got to enjoy so adult time with the gals!