I am so proud of my son. Last night for the first time he pooped and peed in the potty. I couldn't believe it.....He is only 22 months old. I believe it was just a fluke accident and probably won't happen again for a long time but hey a first is a first in my books. This is definitely a step towards the finish line.
I haven't even been trying to potty train him because I always heard boys are so much harder than girls. I wasn't even going to start until after his second birthday in July. He has showed some signs for a while. He points to his butt and says poop when he goes and he wants it changed right now. He is also fascinated by watching daddy pee and having an older sister to watch her every move has helped too I think? I bought him a potty seat a while back just for him to play with and get familiar with, no intentions that he would actually use it any time soon.
So last night he kept saying he had pooped but when I looked nothing was there so I figured he must have to go? So I said do you want to go on the potty? and he said potty (shaking his head yes) So I stuck him on there and told him I would be back to check on him. I shut the door and watched him through the crack. (I like to be alone when I can be, so I figured maybe he would like to be as well) I waited a couple of mins and when I went back in I noticed that his shirt was wet in the front, he had peed. Very excited about that since that has never happened before. I told him that was a good boy for peeing and I didn't think he had pooped so I stepped back out for a min. When I came back I told him lets put the diaper back on and when I lifted him up I notice he had pooped. Yeah!!!! I gave him lots of praise and told him he was a big boy. He was so excited. He was clapping his hands and of course he had to keep peering into the toilet to see what he had done.
My husband had come home at this time so he is yelling Robbie, Robbie (that is his new thing to call daddy by his name) and he comes up and Mason showed him what he did so he was feeling very proud of his self last night.
I doubt he will be potty trained totally any time soon but hey that's a start. My daughter was extremely easy so maybe he will be just like her. She was two in May and she was potty trained by I think July. She was like over night. I had bought a pack of pull ups to train her and she used I think five from the pack if that tells you anything. After she got the feel of panties she did not want to go back to diapers and since then she is now almost 5 and has only had one accident at night and maybe 5 during the day. Most of which were because she was to busy playing and didn't want to stop for a potty break, so she just waited to long. Wish me luck and we'll see what happens. I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be nice to be diaper free in the next year at least. :)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Potty Time
Posted by Lindsay at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You so suck right now!!! I'm kidding but I am toatally jealous. Ian has showed signs for about 8 months now and not once has he gone in the potty.
I had also heard that boys were hard so I didn't puch much into it at first becasue Emma was really hard to train so I could only imagine how hard Ian would be.
It sounds like Mason will be trained before Ian. :(
Maybe we'll see??? I may have jinxed myself now. I hope not.
That's a mile stone in any childs life!
Get those pull ups ready for the long haul!
My thought exactly!
That's terrific! I hope Noah takes after Mason... :)
Post a Comment