Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My new goal

Ok like I said in the last post I have a hard time finding the time to get on the elliptical machine I bought myself for my weight loss journey. I decided that I would try something new. I usually try to do it after dinner but like I said it's hard to have time always to do it. Even when I do get on there I work up a sweat so I feel really gross and need to take a shower. I also take a shower before work because I am a morning shower person. (not that you care) but I have never been they type to take showers at night. I usually wake up and my hair looks like I was in a tornado so there is no way I could tame it and head to work like that! So taking a shower after the workout and then again in the morning is just a hassle. Not to mention I'm usually beat in the evening and have other things I need to be doing so the workouts are hard to fit in there. This is were my new brilliant idea came in. (I was thinking about it during my much interrupted workout last night)I decided that I would try (I said try) to get up and do it in the morning!

Reasons it's an excellent idea:

1. It wakes you up and it's a great way to start the day.
2. I am taking a shower anyways why not workout first then hop in and eliminate the evening shower.
3. I've heard (not sure if it's really true) that working out in the morning is the best time.

Reasons it's a bad idea:

1. I'm a very lazy person and don't like getting up in the morning, especially earlier than I need to.
2. I stay up to late watching TV (I'm a reality show junkie as Rob would say) so I'm always tired in the morning.
3. I usually start the day by getting up late, which is why I'm always running late to work.

So I wasn't sure if I would be disciplined enough to pull this off???

Good news and bad.............I'm happy to say that I did get up this morning and I did workout, but I only did 10 minutes instead of the 20 minutes that I was hoping for. I got up later than I planned (I know big surprise) so that set me back a little. However, I felt really good after I did so we will see how tomorrow plays out???

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

JWilson said...

If you can get up earlier than normal in the morning more power to you. I can barley get up early during the winter to give myself extra time for snowy roads. :)

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! I have to drag my body out of bed to get my oldest ready for school and I don't think my brain actually gets out of bed until around noon, when my body is ready to crawl back in. Work outs have to happen for me in the early afternoon or else they just don't get done.