Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My little turkey hunter

I don't think that I mentioned before but my husband loves to hunt. He would move to the woods if I would let him I swear. I think hunting is more important than anything else in his life at times. So Sunday he decides it's time to take Madisyn hunting. It was the first day for youth turkey hunting. Now part of me thinks he used her to go out to the woods due to the fact that it was youth hunting and he couldn't go without a kid in tow, but at the same time I thought it might be a good father daughter bonding experience so I figured what will it hurt. It was nice for me to spend the day alone with Mason as well.

Here it is Sunday morning and he wakes her up at 4 am. I thought no way will she get up that early and go but sure enough she was up and out the door by 4:30 all dressed in her hunting attire. She called me from the woods while they were out there to fill me in on all the details of how the day was going. She said we hear them but we haven't seen them yet. We did see a deer though. You could just hear the excitement in her voice it was so cute! When she got home she had a big bouquet of yellow flowers that she picked for me from the woods and she was so excited to give them to me. It was really sweet. They didn't get a turkey but she had a great time in the woods with daddy and she can't wait to go back! I just hope I didn't loose my shopping buddy!

2 comments:

JWilson said...

Something tells me that if she is out there when Rob get one she may not want to go back after that.

Tiffany McCallen said...

You are a much braver woman than I! I keep thinking I'll lock Noah in his room—away from guns—until he's 15 or so. Your entry will no doubt give David hope... :)