As a child I was always so lucky. I won several things at those school fund raiser events and any time we had to pick numbers or tickets to win something, somehow I always seemed to win. My mom always said I was the lucky one.
Well as I've gotten older my luck is slowly seeming to diminish. It seems as though something always happens to me and it just goes down hill from there. Now I know part of it is my fault because I am also a huge procrastinator so I bring a lot of it upon myself! Like the time when I knew I had a cavity that needed to be filled but I didn't have the $160 to get it fixed (I don't have dental insurance) so I waited and waited until it was beginning to hurt, only to find out I needed a root canal by this point. I cried, I was so mad at myself for doing that since it cost me $1300 instead of $160. You would think I would have learned but no.
So I had mentioned earlier in another blog, my sitter was off last week so Wednesday my sister had watched my kids for me. I had picked Madisyn up at 11 am to take her to her Kindergarten testing and then I decided that since I had the rest of the day off I would go out to the Lancaster Court House and get my certified marriage report so that I could finally get my name changed legally to Adams. It had only been almost a year since we had gotten married(once again procrastination).
So lets back up a little and tell you how I got to this point. I had noticed my tired was a little low on air and that I should probably fill it up, but that was as far as that went. It was just a thought. So a couple days go by and a lady at work tells me that my tire is low. I thought at this point I really needed to fill it up. I was going to stop by the garage and fill it up before leaving work but I was in a hurry once again to get my daughter so I stopped at the gas station by the freeway. I then realize that air cost 75 cents. HELLO, we now have to pay for air what is this world coming to? I search my car and no spare change anywhere. I was running late like always so I decided I would do it after the testing. However, I kinda forgot about it and went on to the court house. So back to where we were before..........so i get the marriage certificate rather quickly and head out to go to the social security office. I get to my car only to realize that my tire is flat (shouldn't have waited so long...). I have no idea how to change a tire so I call Robbie and he basically tells me I'm going to have to wait until he gets off work. I decided to call my sister and thankfully she had an extra car seat. The loving sister that she is, she packs up the kids and heads out to save me. Well, meanwhile it was a beautiful day so me and Mady decided to walk a couple of blocks to this little Bakery/ Deli up the street called Four Reasons. To my surprise it was really neat and they had great food. Mady and I had a wonderful lunch and of course you can't go to a bakery and not get dessert! Mady got a cookie and I got a muffin. It turned out to be a wonderful afternoon, even though I still haven't changed my name and by the time I got home my afternoon was kinda gone. It seems as though it happened for a reason. We don't get much mommy and Mady time alone so it was nice to spend the day together. She said it was like her special day!
I realized a bad situation doesn't always have to be bad. You can always turn it into something good. I also realized that it could always be worse so I should feel lucky that it was just a flat.
Monday, April 21, 2008
My luck has run out
Posted by Lindsay at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are defintly lucky it didn't blow up while driving that would have been worse. Just feel good that you once had luck, I never win anything. :))
Post a Comment