Saturday evening after I worked all day cleaning the house and cleaning out the kids closets and drawers. Mind you I packed all the winter clothes away only to pull some of it back out today due to the cold temperatures coming back. I knew it wasn't over yet!
So my sister-in-law calls and asks me if I would like to go to the movies. Of course I would, why not? I met her, her son Blake who is Mason's age, and my mother and father-in-law at Golden Corral for dinner. As I'm peacefully eating my meal with no interruptions, kids yelling at me, Mason trying to climb out of his high chair, etc. I look over and Blake is sitting there talking to everyone saying hi, waving, and getting all the attention from people, it was very cute! Doreen (mother-in-law) says awwww don't that make you miss your kids? I didn't even have to think about that question. I love my kids to death and I love spending time with them however I very much enjoyed eating my meal not having to worry about them or when the next catastrophe was going to happen. So I said, "ummm no". Maybe five mins later Blake starts whinning, wanting out of his seat, not wanting to eat, He was very tired and you could tell. At that moment I thought no I don't miss them right now.
After dinner me and Nicole headed to the movies. We seen Baby Mama! It was very funny. I really enjoyed it. It was so nice to get out and have some mommy time. I haven't been to the movies for a while (I don't get out much) so it was nice. I really need to do more girl nights out!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Dinner and a movie
Posted by Lindsay at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Every mother needs time to herself. If you don't have it you will end up going crazy and thats the truth.
Post a Comment