Monday, April 14, 2008

My life in a nutshell

So let's go backwards a few years and see how I got to this point in my life.

Summer of 1998-I met Robbie right after he graduated. He was 18 and I was 16. He was good friends with my bestest friend in the whole world Sheena's (whom I've known since we were 8) boyfriend at the time. We hung out and she gave me his number, which at the time I thought no way was I going to date him, he is not my type. Little did i know then that we would still be together now after almost 10 years in June! So we thought why be like everyone else and do things the right way? We thought it would be fun and do everything backwards. (didn't really think that at the time)

Winter 2000-We built our first home and moved in shortly after I graduated. We had a lot of fun with friends and enjoyed living on our own for close to 3 years. That's when our lives changed forever and for the better!

May 31, 2003- We had a beautiful baby girl, Madisyn Marie Adams. She was born at 6:07pm. I didn't think she was ever going to get here. I woke up Friday morning about 5:30 and didn't feel quite right so I called my doctor, took a shower and headed to the hospital. We walked the hallways for about an hour or so only to be told nothing was happening so they sent me home. We decided to get a bite to eat since we knew it was going to be a long day. It was difficult eating sausage in between contractions but somehow I managed. (little did I know that was nothing compared to the pain I was about to endure). So we walked around the neighborhood and the local stores just hoping something would happen or speed this up. Then at about 6:00pm we headed back to the hospital with contractions about 2 mins apart. I guess May is a busy time to have a baby because Riverside was so full they stuck me in a room the size of a broom closet. I remember I kept saying I don't want to have my baby in here. At about 1:00am they decided to send me home with a sleeping pill, like I was going to be able to sleep. Yeah right not hardly! So I somehow managed to make it untill 6:00am and decided I could do it no longer and headed back to the hospital. This time I was finally given a room big enough for three but you didn't hear me complaining! So after laboring all day long (with no meds might I add) at about 6:00pm I was finally ready to push, however my doctor that was supposed to deliver was on the freeway headed back to the hospital but Madisyn didn't want to wait. So after a week late, 36 hours of labor, and I think two pushes she made her grand entrance into the world. She was 7lbs. 4oz. and 20in. With an entire waiting room of friends and family waiting down the hall she finally made it! I was so happy to finally meet her and she was beautiful.

March 2005-The house wasn't working out so we got a brilliant idea to move to a smaller apartment and save some money for a bigger home (however the saving thing didn't work out to well).


July 6, 2006-We then had our handsome baby boy, Mason James Adams. I was told he was going to be a chunker so my doctor decided to induce me a week early to keep him from getting any bigger. I was to be at the hospital at 2:00pm on July 5th for the induction but once again for some reason I pick busy times to have children. We had to wait cause there was no room for me! So we went and got something to eat and came back at 5:00pm. The labor was going well but then the pain became very intense and I thought it was time to push only to find out I was only at a 5. I thought I was going to die! I couldn't bear another minute of that pain. Luckily, I had a very good support group with me, my mother and mother-in-law who kept encouraging me that I could do it med free once again. I thought they were nuts but I stuck with it and said I would try to wait one more hour and if there still was no progress I was getting drugs! I decided to get up and move around (how I managed to do that I have no idea but it did) Almost an hour to the minute later I was ready to push. whooohoo! Once again I think I pushed maybe once or twice and at 12:39am on July 6th Mason James came into the world.Pushing was the easy part getting me there was the hard part. Weighing in at 8lbs. 13oz. and 20.8inches. He was a healthy handsome little boy! Very excited to meet him and so was his big sister!

December 2006-We realized after Christmas that we were really outgrowing the apartment and we needed to make some changes so we decided to build another new home. Doing things different this time after learning from the mistakes we made with the first one.

June 2007-That brings us to last summer! We had to be out of our apartment by the end of May however, the house was not going to be ready until the middle of June. So we had to move all of our belongings into storage and live out of a suitcase. What fun that was! My friend Sheena was kind enough to take in our family of four and let us live with them for a week or two. Then finally we moved into our new home on June 20th. Yeah!!!!

July 21, 2007- We finally did it! After 9 years we finally tied the knot. I told you we did everything backwards didn't I. It was a beautiful summer day. We had a small ceremony with our closest family and friends there to share our big day. We got married at the Hocking Hills Wedding Chapel. It was perfect!

It was a busy but wonderful summer!

Then came the dreaded winter! I think this winter lasted forever and is still visiting us from day to day!

That brings us to now. We are enjoying our new house and slowly getting things together. We have a lot to do this summer with the yard and we are planning on finishing the painting we started months ago! Hopefully we will be successful in accomplishing our goals but we'll see how it goes!



0 comments: