Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rob's World

Sometimes I just don't get men.........or I guess I should say my man anyways. I know there not all alike but when I talk to most of my girlfriends they usually can agree with most of the stuff I tell them. I just think he gets off so easy. Yes he works a much more strenuous job than I but that doesn't mean he should not help around the house, or with the kids for that matter. Now sometimes he can be so great and helpful and other times it's like talking to my one year old! Hello can I get a little help or a break once in a while?

Yesterday for instance (which is where this man bashing started from) I was so frustrated. Let me just start by saying He gets up and is out the door before my alarm even goes off most of the time. So I am left to get ready, get the kids up and ready, (not fun, my kids love to sleep. Wait let me rephrase that, they love to sleep during the week, weekends a different story) pack the bags, get them out the door and in the car (can be quite a task some days if Mason is moody) and off to the sitters. Usually by this point I'm running 5-10 mins late. Then I get to the sitters and run my trap for 10 mins or so and finally make it to work 20 mins late. 10 mins I'm doing good, 5 mins late is great for me! If I'm on time most people have a heart attack including myself. (It's a good thing I have a flexible job) Once 4:30 rolls around (or 4:50 I should say since I'm always late so I usually stay around and make up my time) I go back to the sitters and pick up the kids, run my trap a little more, fight to get Mason in the car(he loves Sheree and never wants to leave, It's not that bad at our house is it??? ) then take the 15-20 min drive home. That doesn't seem like a long drive but when Mason is screaming due to the fact that I forced him into his car seat and now he is restrained it makes for a not so enjoyable ride home. Of course I then get to listen to Madisyn screaming because she doesn't want to hear Mason crying. Fun times! I make it home in one piece and usually clean up the house, because I'm so tired the night before that I'm too lazy to do it then. Rob is usually home by this point but he is watching TV. Do you really think he would think to pick up the mess????Then I start dinner, we eat, I clean up and that brings us to bath time. Once that is done I usually spend a little time with the kids or we watch TV, whatever we feel like doing until bedtime.

So back to last night, after dinner I asked Rob, "can you please give the kids a bath so I can get on the elliptical machine for 20 mins? " After all he was just complaining I haven't used it in a while. (He told me when I bought it a couple of months ago for my self that I would probably use it for a week or so and then never again). He is wrong I do use it, I just have a hard time finding the time to do it. So he goes up, runs the water and puts the kids in the tub. He comes back down stairs and precedes to sit on the couch and eat ice cream. Hello!!! Bath???? He says their playing I'll get them in a minute. Meanwhile I'm getting a pretty good pace going now and I'm really working up a sweat. Then Madisyn starts yelling, i need a towel, I have soap in my eyes, Mason is splashing, Mason spilled the soap, blah blah. Obviously he is deaf or just ignoring her. I'm like can you go up there and help them. Stomp stomp up the stairs he goes and finishes the bath. Then he comes back down and mason trails behind butt naked with a diaper in his hand following daddy! Rob is usually good about helping with baths (most of the time) but for some reason last night he was just not being very helpful. Man I just cannot catch a break! I did get to finish my workout, but I guess I just don't get why he cannot help without being asked? Must be nice living in Rob's World!!!!

2 comments:

JWilson said...

I am with you on this one. Unless they want to help it doen't matter if you ask or not. If they do help when they don't want to they don't do it right and you end up with more work.

Tiffany McCallen said...

It must be nice to be a man... don't they all have these moments?! :)