For some reason Madisyn can not seem to keep her room cleaned up. I have cleaned and organized it several times. I've even had her help me so she knows where everything goes, and still for some reason she cannot keep it straightened up. I try to go up and help her pick it up every night before bed, but if there is one night that goes by that I don't get up there to help it gets to the point of no return. At that point I know it's an all day job and I don't' have time for that. So it just stays that way until I can find the time to spend the day up there organizing it once again! The good thing about it is that I find something to throw out every time which makes a little more room. Madisyn was the first grand child on both sides of the family and the first great grand child on my side so let's just say she was a little spoiled for her first three years until her brother and cousins came along! So the kid has way to much stuff.
Once again I spent the afternoon in her room this past Saturday. It was a rainy nasty day so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to get that done. Not to mention her birthday is next month and we decided to re-do her room for her birthday this year. (what a job that has become) So it had to be cleaned up that way we had room for her new furniture. I figured she is turning 5 and she is still in a toddler bed so I wanted to give her a more grown up room that she could enjoy for a couple of years at least. In order to keep it cleaned up I thought, I need to do something more than just telling her it needed to be done (you would think that would be enough but not with a 4 year old) I decided to steel this idea from a friend of mine who has a daughter about the same age as mine. I told her that for every night she kept her room cleaned up I would give her a quarter. I know that doesn't seem like much but to her it's a lot. She was very excited about the idea. We will see how this goes. I'm not sure that it will work but it's worth a shot!
I'll keep you posted!
Monday, April 21, 2008
A shiny new quarter
Posted by Lindsay at 12:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If it can work for Emma it can work for Mady. I did find that her having to pay us a quarter back for not doing what she was supposed to seemed to work even better because then she lost something.
Oh good idea Jess. I think that might work better too!
Post a Comment