Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Breeding Season

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and after running one over last night (dead of course) I'm thinking maybe it's breeding season. What is with all the dead skunks??? I have seen them everywhere lately. I thought maybe it was just me but then my hubby said something about it the other day so I guess it's not just me. I thought maybe it's just by our house?? but no I've seen them everywhere. I have seen a lot of road kill lately but the majority of them have been skunks.

I don't know if it's breeding season and they are just running wild looking for a mate all while getting smashed on the road before making it to their destination or what??? It's getting a little crazy and man do they stink. Just driving by them you can smell them but then try running one over...whooo the smell can stay for days. I haven't done any research but I think it is breeding season for those stinky little rodents.

2 comments:

JWilson said...

Everyone has been saying the same thing at work. There are what seems like a million of them lying on the roads.

What really stinks (pun intended) is that I think one may be living under the tree out back because just about everynight one lets off it's stinker and the smell is so strong that it comes in the house without us opening any doors or windows.

Lindsay said...

Oooohhh yuk! That sucks cause that crap lingers forever....