I know I'm always late with my posts but once again that's me take it or leave it. So this past weekend was really really busy but really great. Starting with Friday.....I was on my way home from work when Hubby calls and said he really wanted to go out to dinner which was funny cause I was just thinking the same thing. Since I couldn't have meat I was thinking seafood and funny enough he said he wanted Red Lobster... Perfect! We decided to call his parents and invite them to go along but they were already having his sister and her family over. We invited them as well but they had already ordered pizza. Then his mother said why don't you bring the kids over and they can just stay the night. What??? Really??? A dinner alone.....I don't remember what that is like. I did hesitate a little because we had already had plans for the next evening and had lined up an over night sitter and I don't like to be away from them two nights in a row unless I have to. I know that sounds weird but I just feel guilty for some reason??? but hubby said are you crazy??? So off we went to Grandma's house and dropped off the kids.
We had a really nice dinner and I even ran into a girl I went to high school with. It was so nice to talk to her and catch up, I feel so old let me tell you but once we started talking it was like old times! We had some really good times together and I really miss her. She moved to West Virginia but she was in town visiting because her sister had just had a baby. We are going to try to get together the next time she is in town which will be really fun!
Saturday even though the kids were not there I still woke up pretty early so I went ahead and got up and got ready. I brought the kids some clothes to grandmas house so they could take baths and change before Daddy came to pick them up after he got off work. I had to meet some friends at Davids Bridal at noon. My friend Kara is getting married this May so we had to get fitted for our dresses. She picked out these really cute short strapless dresses. I'm not usually a fan of short dresses but it's an outdoor wedding and I think they will look really cute. The best part about them was they have pockets....hello what bridesmaid dress has pockets. I love it! Then the four of us went to Applebees and had a nice lunch and maybe a cocktail or two.......gotta love mid-day drinks with the gals.
After that it was back home to see the kids for a little while and pack there bag for another all niter at aunt B's house. They ended up at Grandma's again with their cousin Blake because they had so much fun the night before I guess they wanted more.....So I kissed them goodbye and off we went for our hour journey out to Tiff and David's house (McCallen Musings) for a Birthday celebration. We went to the local bowling alley in Mount Vernon. It is a small town, kinda out there so there is not much to do around there. I love little towns like that so it was fine with me. The bowling alley was hopin that night so we had to wait a little while for a lane. We decided to go over to the Bar that was connected to the bowling alley and listen to the band that was playing. We had some drinks and caught up with our friends since it had been a while since we all hung out. It was so nice to get out with just adults and no kids for once. We finally got a lane and we had a blast. I don't think I ever topped 100 but it was all good and we had so much fun which is all that matters.
After bowling it was back to there house to play some cards and hang out. I think we were up until 2-3am??? I have not been up that late for a long time. I really hope we can do it again soon. We thank the McCallen's for a fun evening. We had to get up really early the next morning and man was it hard. I was dragging all day Sunday........but I had to get home to get the kids because we had tickets to go see Disney on Ice at noon.
We gathered our belongings and said our goodbye's and off we went for our hour trip back home. Then we picked up the kids, who didn't want to leave grandma's after being there pretty much two days. I picked up Aunt Andrea and Grace and we headed to the show. They all enjoyed the show but Grace and Mason both fell asleep. Grace missed that first half and Mason missed the last half.
Man the price of that stuff at those shows is just ridiculous. It should be illegal to charge someone that much for a plastic Minnie Mouse and a plastic sword and hat but the kids loved them and that is all that matters.
What a fun filled and busy weekend. I think this weekend will be a lot less hectic but we will see!
Friday, March 6, 2009
My Weekend
Posted by Lindsay at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment