Monday, March 23, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

This past weekend was so nice and relaxing. We didn't do a whole bunch which was the best part. I have been so busy lately so it was nice to have a little down time. Friday nights I usually meet my friend for dinner and then we go to the gym and have a nice workout but she couldn't come this Friday so I contemplated on going alone but just didn't want to drive all that way to workout alone. It was a nice evening and I decided instead to hang out with my girl. Madisyn and I went to the store to snoop around and we ended up spending more than we needed to but that happens a lot.

Saturday I got up and started cleaning the house which was in desperate need of a deep cleaning. I clean up here and there through out the week but don't have time to really clean like I should. So I stayed in my pj's all day and cleaned from top to bottom. I even cleaned out the kids closets. I still need to do the whole transition of packing away winter clothes and pulling out spring/summer clothes but with Ohio's weather I'm not so sure we won't need our sweatshirts and sweaters still?? Didn't want to jinx myself. I did get shoes cleaned out and pulled out all the clothes that were too small etc.......I did not get to my closet but that will be a whole days worth of time so we will get to that at a later date! The kids played outside most of the day so that gave me the time to get it all done without them making a mess right behind me. In the morning Robbie took Mason to the deer and turkey expo, which he loved. I'll have to take a pic of him with his new t-shirt. Saturday night me and Robbie rented a movie and the kids fell asleep early. They must of played hard. It was nice though cause it gave me and Robbie the opportunity to watch a grown up movie and not worry about little eyes and ears seeing things or hearing things they shouldn't.

Sunday I got up and got ready for church. I haven't been to my church in a while and the kids haven't been there for even longer, so we had a little adjustment to do in the daycare. They have a great daycare/ Sunday school set up there and I love it! Madisyn has now moved up to the Kindergarten room and Mason moved from the crawler and walker room to the two year old room. Madisyn went back with no hesitation at all but Mason was not so sure. He kinda clung to my leg for a little bit. The teacher was so sweet and she picked him up and talked to him so I could get out of the room. He cried a little but she gave me a beeper in case they needed me but it never went off so that was a relief. Church service was so good. I loved it! It was very emotional, some of the topics discussed were very personal but it was great and I can't wait for next week.....

When I went to pick up the kids Mason was having a ball. The guy said after I left he turned into a different kid. He wants to go back next week so he must of had fun! Madisyn made some new friends and she asked if she could come back too so we will definitely be back next week. I want to try to go every week but I was a little lazy there for a little while. I know that is no excuse but it's the truth. I did visit another church several times but just not mine!

We went home and I let the kids play outside for a little while then me and Madisyn went shopping again. Hey us girls love to shop. I think I have an obsession???? I needed some new tennis shoes and I was on a mission. I found some at Kohl's but they hurt my feet so I took them back. I found some at Famous Footwear and they were having a buy one get one 1/2 off sale so I got Robbie a pair too! Since we were right down the way from Marshall's (one of the many stores I love) we had to stop in. I wasn't going to buy anything but I found two pictures I had to have. One said Faith, Family and Friends and it matches my living room perfect and the other one has and A for Adams on it and it's really cute! I'll have to post a pic. Our next stop was Walmart since it was getting late and Robbie was home preparing dinner. I got the kids some little treats cause I promised Mason I would. He really wanted to come with us but I knew he was tired and he would be a bear if I brought him so I told him I would get him a motorcycle (cyclemotor as he calls it) and some candy. I had to get Mady some too or it wouldn't be fair. I also got them each a $1 squirt gun, a couple grocery items I needed and then headed home. Robbie had steaks and potatoes on the grill waiting for us when we got home. I brought the Gorgonzola cheese to top the steaks with...YUM! We played outside for a little bit and then took the kids to Dairy Queen and back home to watch Funniest Home Videos. The kids love that show!

That was my weekend.....nothing really special but very nice and not so chaotic as it has been. I have about a month before the craziness gets here. May, June, and July are always crazy. We have a lot of birthday's, a wedding, vacations etc......coming up.

3 comments:

Tiffany McCallen said...

I think it sounds great! I could stand a few minutes to do all of the things you listed—shopping, cleaning, church. I don't do any of those things enough!

JWilson said...

Sounds like a nice weekend for you guys!

As for the shopping thing you are obsessed but I know if I ever want someone to shop with I can call you. :)) Can't wait to see pics of the pics you bought.

ecogrl said...

gorgonzola..yuck!