I have not always been the best Catholic but I'm okay with that. I grew up Catholic, did the whole CCD, Communion and so on and so forth but we were never a family that went to church every Sunday. I feel horrible saying this but I never really enjoyed church....maybe because it was not a huge part of my life like it should have been?? I don't know but since I've gotten older and started to form my own beliefs and my own personal relationship with God I have decided that I don't think you have to feel or believe a certain way. I believe what I believe and I know that God does not judge me for that.
I have been to several churches in the last couple of years and I love to see how other people worship and praise God. I think my favorite is a non-denominational Christian Church right down the street from me. It's an awesome church, everyone is so nice and inviting and there is no pressure at all. It's very casual and they have a really nice area for the kids. They have rooms broke down by age so that not all the kids are together and they do all kinds of crafts with them, sing songs, all kinds of things and the kids love it. I have to say that I have not been in a while and I feel really bad about that but I am planning on going again.
The fact that it is Lent is why I started thinking about this. Even though I don't always follow the Catholic beliefs I do try to keep some that I have always followed, one being Lent. I have been feeling bad this year because I cannot think of something to sacrifice. Ash Wednesday has come and gone and I still have yet to give something up. Maybe I'm a selfish person??? I know there are plenty of things I could give up it's just hard to decide what? whatever the reason I feel bad about it. I still have time but what do I give up?? I thought about giving up pop but I'm not really a big pop drinker so that would be too easy. I already eat healthy so I can't really do the whole diet, eating better thing. One thing I could give up is Coffee but that is my crutch in the morning. I know I know it's supposed to be sacrifice and that is why you choose something that is hard to give up but I don't know if I would survive or if the people I work with would survive without my morning coffee. I have been following the no meat on Friday's so I'm halfway there I guess. I'm trying to make my self feel better.......
Okay I think I've got it........I think I will give up Chocolate.....oh my what did I just say??? It's going to be really really tough but I think I can do it. It's only for what 5 1/2 more weeks?? Chocolate is one of my weaknesses and I believe it is really interfering in my weight loss so if I can do without it for 5 weeks it might just help me kill two birds with one stone. I will let you know how I do.........
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Confessions of a bad Catholic
Posted by Lindsay at 3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ooo... Chocolate's tough. That's one I usually give up each year. Glad you finally found something. I'm still thinking. :)
Lins...a good sacrifice for you would be buying say clothes...think of all the money you would save too. lol.
Post a Comment