Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine Weekend

I know I'm a little late but hey if I wasn't you would be shocked (If you don't know I'm late to everything). This past weekend was Valentine's Day and of course just like every year nothing special. I think Valentine's Day has a curse on me and my husband. Every year something happens or we get in a fight??? Several years ago before we were married we had a huge fight like the day before and he made it up to me the next day but it wasn't the same as if the fight had never happened. Then one year I was really sick and he brought me flowers and some sweet little gifts to cheer me up but it still sucked.

It just seems like something always happens on that day or the days before. This year everything was ok until we went to go to dinner. We fought about where we were going to go to eat. I think he was just in a grumpy mood and it all came out. It was really stupid now but at the time I was thinking why does Valentine's always suck for me??? Isn't it supposed to be a romantic and wonderful day? Oh well I guess cupid has it out for me. We ended up going to several steak places because I really wanted a good steak but the wait was over 2 hours and since we had the kids ( yes I know how romantic, but that is how it is once you have kids) there was no way they were going to get through 2 hours in a small confined space waiting to eat. We ended up at Cracker Barrel, which I had not had in years, and it was so quick. I didn't even have time to shop in the little gift shop area so I was a little bummed we got seated so quickly but it was good for the kids. Then we had a really good dinner and the kids absolutely loved it. I didn't realize how cheap it was too! That is definitely a plus in my book. Our whole family ate for $26, you can't beat that. We may have to eat there more often.

We went over to Target and snooped around a little too, so the evening ended up really nice after a rough start. I guess I just need to face the fact that I'm just not meant to have a romantic Valentine's Day......

The best part of the weekend was Sunday when Mason wore big boy underwear all day and only had one accident when he woke up from a nap. I was in shock! This kid wanted nothing to do with potty training and peeing in the potty, aside for an occasional poop in the potty hear and there. He got out of the shower on Sunday and decided he wanted big boy pants not pull-ups but the real deal and he did so good all day. He let me know when he had to go every time. He didn't do so good the next day at the sitters but yesterday he did really good. He does great at home so we are off to a good start and I am very excited to be close to not buying diapers anymore. We'll see if he sticks with it this time???

3 comments:

Tiffany McCallen said...

I think Valentine's Day is overrated. Find a day when you're both in a good mood and call THAT your day. :)

Lindsay said...

I totally agree....

Hollie said...

yay for mason! that is big news!!!