Yesterday was such a nice day so we decided to take the kids to the park down the street. Of course they had a blast and did not want to leave. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures. I was quite bummed about that......maybe next time. The kids played on the slides, climbed through the tunnels and walked across the wobbly bridge. Then we all enjoyed the swings. It's been awhile for me on the swings but it was fun!
We walked down by the dock and looked at the water and the fish. Then we went and walked the short trail. Me and Madisyn raced up this big hill and let me just say she gave me a run for my money. She can run and climb pretty fast for as little as she is. Then it was back to the car to go home and have some hot dogs and brats on the grill. Oh and don't forget the mac 'n' cheese.
I have to say I really thought I was in good shape since I've been exercising a couple times a week and walking....etc...but today my legs and abs are really sore??? Maybe it was the swings??? or the race up the hill??? I guess the good thing is that even though I didn't think I was exercising I really was. We will have to go to the park more often. Next time I will bring my camera.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
A trip to the park
Posted by Lindsay at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's the swings. Last year when I was exercising hard core every day I remember going to the park and swinging with the kids and hurting the next day. :)
Sounds like your wendesday was a nice one.
Hooray for unintentional exercise! That's the best kind. I've felt the same way about all our lumberjacking. I've been sore every day. Crazy.
Post a Comment