Monday, March 9, 2009

We're not in the woods anymore......

I have been working on potty training Mason for a while now and he did good for a while then he didn't want anything to do with it. Then he started doing good again and the past couple of weeks he has done really really well. So he was pretty much in big boy underwear this whole weekend except for at nap time and night time. Yesterday it was such a nice day out and the kids wanted to play outside so I let them but I told them to stay on the back porch where I could see them since we don't have a fence. Well I needed to run downstairs to do some laundry so I told Robbie to keep an eye on the kids. As I'm putting in a load of laundry I hear Madisyn run inside and this is what she says:

M: Dad, Mason is peeing on the neighbor dog.....
R: What??? (he gets up to look out that screen)
M: Well not on the dog but he is peeing in the grass and Bruno is watching...
R: Mason what are you doing? You don't pee outside, we only pee in the woods when we go hunting!

One of the first times Mason peed like a big boy was with Daddy out in the woods so I guess he thought it was okay to pee outside. (Good job honey way to teach the kid good habits) I'm dying laughing as I'm listening to the conversation from the basement. A little time goes by and he is in and out of the house just playing and enjoying the weather. I look outside and here he is again, pants to his knees peeing outside in our backyard for all the neighbors to see. I didn't want to yell and startle him and cause him to pee on himself so I told Robbie to take a look at his son.....Robbie snapped a shot of him on his phone and then when he was done he said, "Boy what are you doing??" Mason says, "Look daddy I pee..." and turns around so proud of himself. It was way to hard not to laugh, it was so cute! After the second time he peed he called him in to explain to him why he couldn't do that and next time he had to go to tell daddy and he will take him to the potty. HaHa!

I guess at least he is not peeing in his pants right???

Here is the picture of Mason with everything hanging out.......

4 comments:

Kara said...

OMG! I love it. I am cracking up! Like father, like son ;)

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JWilson said...

This is awesome I love it!

Tiffany McCallen said...

That picture is priceless! Love the story too... I so know I'm in for the same thing someday.