Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our First Baby

I was reading a post by Jess from The Wilson House and I had to steal it. I love hearing birth stories so I thought I would share mine and hopefully more people will copy cause I would love to hear other people's birth stories. So leave me a comment so I can read yours......

Me and My First Baby

1. Were you married at the time? No, we had been dating for 5 years and living together for 3. We finally got married after 10 years together and two kids later. :)

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant?
We had a miscarriage with our first, after trying for 6 months. Then it was another 6 months after that when we found out. So we were super excited.

3. How old were you?
I turned 21 two weeks before I had her.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
A home pregnancy test. (about the 50th one)

5. Who did you tell first? We waited for a little while because of the miscarriage the first time but then we told our mothers first.

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
Yes

7. Due date:
May 25, 2003 (my sisters birthday)

8. Did you deliver early or late?
A week late

9. Did you have morning sickness?
I got sick a couple of times but I was mostly just nauseous for about 16 weeks.

10. What did you crave?
I craved cheese sticks from Arbys and green olives. I could not eat sausage, eggs, or yogurt with her...ugh!

11. Who irritated you the most?
No one really irritated me that I can think of. I wasn't really a moody person when I was pregnant.

12. What was your first child’s sex?
Female

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
40lbs

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Not really, her heart rate kept dropping at the end which was scary but I didn't know about it until afterwards.

15. Where did you give birth?
Riverside Hospital, in Ohio

16. How many hours were you in labor?
Oh about 36 hours from start to finish but only about 12 hours of hard labor. I started Friday morning at about 5 am and didn't have her until Saturday at 6pm

17. Who drove you to the hospital?
Robbie (3 times)

18. Who watched?
Robbie, my mom, and my mother-in-law

19. Was it vaginal or c-section?
Vaginal

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
Nope all natural, I had a little bit of Nu bane which helped me sleep in between contractions but did nothing for the pain. Everyone said I couldn't do it so I had to prove them wrong. :)

21. How much did your child weigh?
7 lbs 4 oz.

22. What did you name him/her?
Madisyn Marie

23. How old is your first born today?
She turned 5 on May 31st

3 comments:

JWilson said...

Even though I new the answers to this I still loved reading it. :)) I never thought you couldn't do it with out meds but waiting in the waiting room that day I realized I couldn't do it and I was right. :))

Lindsay said...

I loved reading your story! I always enjoy hearing about other women's birthing stories. I feel like I'm in some sort of club.

Mandy said...

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you did one, too! :)