Monday, September 22, 2008

Birds and the Bees

On Madisyn's trip to school Friday we had an interesting conversation. It was quite funny to see how the brain of a 5 year old works. How innocent and naive they are. First of all I just have to say that there is a boy in her class by the name of Dartaniyan. I thought it was a little unusual but hey to each their own right? I wasn't sure how to pronounce it but one of his papers had somehow ended up in her folder and when I was going through it Thursday evening I asked her about it. She told me his name and how to pronounce it. So back to the drive to school on Friday:

Me: So do you like Dartaniyan?

Mady: No

Me: Is he cute? what does he look like?

Mady: He has blonde hair and sort of a Mohawk, No he's not cute.

Me: Are there any boys in your class that are cute?

Mady: No, I don't like boys. I'm not even going to have a husband when I get older. I'm going to have babies but not a husband.

Me: Well how are you going to have a baby without a husband?

Mady: I'll kiss someone else.....like a dog or something.

Me: Oh, but then you will have dog babies?

Mady: That's ok I've been wanting a puppy anyways.

Me: Laughing......

Every trip to school is a new adventure with her. It's so funny what she comes up with. I've noticed I have been wasting a lot of gas taking her but it's these little conversations that make it all worth it. Today's drive we played a game. She described an animal and I had to guess what animal it was? She did a really good job at it. Some of the animals I had to guess where a mouse, rat, worm, snake, bunny, dog, cat, kangaroo, hamster, parrot, guinea pig, and gorilla. She had sounds and movements for all of them. It was really funny!

5 comments:

JWilson said...

dog babies, that is so funny! Emma has started making comments about bioys being gross, she even yells at Dave and I when we kiss. I think it's funny!

Lindsay said...

Yes Mady doesn't even want to be friends with them....oh what they don't know... :)

Tiffany McCallen said...

Well break out the dog food! At least it's cheaper than formula, right? Great story...

Candid Carrie said...

I am sorry, I can't move beyond that child's name.

Cassie said...

At least she sort of has the right idea...puppies are much easier to take care of than babies! lol