Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

A couple of weeks ago I took a trip to the pumpkin patch with the kids. My sister, brother-in-law and niece went with us as well. We usually go to Circle S farms with the sitter every year and the kids have so much fun. However this year there were some issues with some parents so we were unable to go. The kids were really bummed casue it's something we look forward to each year. I look forward to it cause it gives me a day away from work and that is always a plus but that didn't happen this year. Hopefully next year we will get back to our tradition.

I was going to take the kids there myself but it's a little further away and they raised the prices significatly this year if you don't have a large group. We decided to go somewhere closer to home and it turned out to be a good day. We went to Dill's Green house down the street and the kids still had a blast. They had a lot more to do there than I thought. They had the hay maze, corn maze, sand box, swings, slides, corn hole, and some other games to play. They had a sand box but it was filled with corn kernnels which I thought was kinda cool for the kids to play in. Way less of a mess that is for sure. We also went on a wagon ride through the corn stalks where they had some little scenes set up for the kids to enjoy and then we got to pick out a pumpkin.

Here are some pictures of our day at the pumpkin patch:


Mason and Grace going down the slide




Grace as a kitty cat!


Madisyn being a kitty cat too!


Mason wanted to be the dog!


Madisyn and Grace playing in the corn box......



Mason hiding in the pumpkin bean bag toss!


Riding on the wagon out to the corn stalks to get a pumpkin!

Here they are on the porch with their pumpkins they picked out!

What a great day and the weather could not have been better for a fall day. It was actually warmer than normal for October and I was not complaining.

2 comments:

Tiffany McCallen said...

You've been a busy girl! :) I wish I would have gone to the pumpkin patch this year... looks like lots of fun!

Kara said...

Looks like a successful day. The kids enjoyed it ; )