I have been trying to loose weight for a while now and I have had my good and bad days. I've posted about my weight loss in previous posts but then I kinda gave up on it and I'm finally getting back on track.
I started Weight Watchers after I had my son (two years ago) and lost about 20 lbs and met my goal. I got off the program and then I started slacking off pretty bad. I gained and lost off and on for about a year. Then a month ago a friend of mine was saying how she wanted to loose weight and get in shape so I said hey do you want to do it together??? She said sure. So for a month now we have been following a healthy diet and the weight watchers points system (which I swear by if you stick to it) and we also walk about three nights a week. We do some other exercise as well as walking. We weight in on Tuesday nights and then we watch Biggest Loser.
I love that show, if you have not seen it you should check it out especially if you are trying to lose weight. It is so motivational and really gets you inspired to work hard and get healthy. So last night was our one month weigh in and I lost 2 pounds. YEAH!!!!! I have lost a total of 6 pounds in a month. It doesn't seem like a lot but for me that is pretty good! I'm not a really big girl I just had about 15 pounds I've been trying to loose for a while. I have about 10 pounds to go to be where I would like to be. I'm really excited about it though and I feel so much better physically and mentally. I have dropped one pants size and those are starting to get big. I also started buying some shirts in medium instead of large.
My friend has also done great. I am so proud of her, she has lost over 6 pounds too and is going strong. I really do not think I could of stuck to it this long if it was not for her doing it with me. I think she feels the same way. So go grab a buddy and get to work so you can feel as great as we do.
I will check back in about a month to let you know how I'm doing! Hopefully I will be at my goal but we'll see! :)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Update!
Posted by Lindsay at 2:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What are we updating?
True Friends = Success ; ) I am cracking up.
yay! Good for ya'll, that's great! It's always so much more fun with a bud!
Way to go Linds! I am proud of you.
LIDSAY!!! I found your blog, I will be visiting all the time now, cant get rid of me.
Love,
Em
And BTW, I am also a weight watchers drop out looking for a little inspration!
I think I have it now. I am off to wash some grapes!
Keep us posted!
Love,
Em
That's awesome!!!! I haven't even thought about the next part of my weight loss journey. You remind me that I need to get back in action!
Post a Comment