I don't know if I mentioned it but I also take my daughter to school everyday. I am lucky enough that my job is close to the babysitters and to my daughter's school. She goes to the sitters in the morning and then I pick her up on my lunch break and take her to school. Yes, this seems like a lot of work and driving for me but it's really no different than if I took my lunch and drove anywhere else. It also saves a little money so that was the biggest reason I chose to do that! I would like to find someone that she goes to school with in our neighborhood. That way she could possibly go to their house in the mornings and go to school with them but for now this solution works.
The other reason I don't mind it is because it gives us a little one on one time together. It's always her and her brother so we don't' have a lot of alone time together. It's only about a 15 min drive to school but man what I have learned in that 15 mins this past two weeks. She talks about all kinds of things. I found out finally the names of some of her friends that she has met. They are Myra, Sidney, Reagan and she has a Michael in her class but she says she doesn't talk to the boys. She doesn't have any boys that are friends cause boys are boring.
I also found out that when she grows up she wants to be either a Magician, a Baker, or a Veterinarian. I told her to go for the Vet. I would be happy with anything she chooses to do but that one seems a little more realistic and the most money. Although she could be the next Paula Dean or Rachel Ray and be some awesome chef/baker. That wouldn't be so bad. I could handle that one.
Yesterday's conversation was about school and it went something like this:
her: I love school.
me: Good cause you have a long way to go. All year long!
her: all year?
me: Well actually until you graduate when your about 18 so about 13 more years....
her: (jaw drops open) omg! mom that is a long time.
me: Yeah then you have college for a couple more years so you can get a good job and make lots of money, be happy and have the things you want.
her: silent....(I think she was a little overwhelmed)
me: Let just get through kindergarten first.
her: ok!
It was pretty funny! So it's great to be able to have that 15 mins a day with her. It is totally worth the driving and giving up my lunch everyday. I do miss the shopping on my lunch break though a little! :)
Friday, September 5, 2008
Daily Bonding
Posted by Lindsay at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are lucky to have that time. The past few months I have started to miss my one on one time with Emma so I say enjoy this while you can. :)
Post a Comment