Last week was Madisyn's first week of kindergarten. I knew she was very nervous about it and I think I was just as nervous about it as she was. Me and my husband laid awake the night before the first day. We could not sleep cause we were both nervous for her. We talked about it for quite a while. He kept saying I can't believe our baby girl is going to kindergarten. It seems like yesterday we were in the hospital having her with the largest group of friends and family waiting in the waiting room to hear the news that she had arrived! She took a long time to get her but the wait was well worth.
So her first day was a little scary for her and I. I brought her to school and as soon as I pulled in Robbie pulled in behind us. She was so excited because I had no idea he was going to do that. We both walked her in to school and to my surprise she did not cry and neither did I. Every time I thought about her going I would get all choked up and start crying. Even orientation I got a little teary eyed thinking about it but then when it finally happened I was ok!
When I went to pick her up that day from Latch-key I walked in and the teacher said are you Madisyn's mother and I said yes...and she said, she has had a bad day. She cried a lot today! I felt a sad feeling come over me. I hate that she had a bad day. It hurts me to know that she was having a tough time and I couldn't be there to comfort her. She was ok when I got there but she had been crying all day. She even started crying when she seen me. She is a very sensitive person as am I so I know where she gets it from.
We got in the car and we talked about it. She said she had so much fun at school and she even made a new friend that has the same book bag as her(That made me feel a little better) but she hated Latch-key. She said there were no kids her age and she was scared. I was immediately worried and I had every possibility of what I could do to get her out of there running through my head. Then I thought well it is the first day most parents probably picked up there kids. I already paid for two weeks I might as well see how she does the next day and so on then go from there.
The next day when I picked her up she was playing with a little girl that I had actually met her mother at the safety town presentation. I felt so much better already. Then the teacher said she did great today. She was a totally new kid. She said she thinks the first day was just a lot on her and she was overwhelmed and scared. Oh what a relief that was to hear. I know she will have situations that she will have to overcome and I won't always be there to pull her out or help her but it still hurts as a parent to see your child upset.
The rest of the week went great.....she had so much fun she didn't even want the weekend to come. She made several new friends at school and latch-key and she is off to a great start.
Tuesday when she went back I could tell she was a little nervous again but she went and when I picked her up that day she said she had a great day. The teacher at latch-key said to me, Is she always this good? I said yeah for the most part. She couldn't believe how good she was. She is a really great kid. I couldn't ask for better that is for sure. Now Mason on the other hand he will be a different story. He is the ornery one!
I am so excited for this new adventure but I am also so scared. This is the end of her innocence. This is the start of new friends, experiences, and challenges. I will no longer be there to help her she will have to do things on her own. She will be influenced by people and taught new perspectives on life. I just hope that I have instilled in her the right advice and guidance that she will make the right decisions. I also hope she stands up for herself and what she believes. I know this is only kindergarten but it's a big step and I just what her to be the best person that she can be. I have no doubt in my mind though that she will do just fine. She is a very bright child. She says things sometimes that just blow me away.
So her first day was a little scary for her and I. I brought her to school and as soon as I pulled in Robbie pulled in behind us. She was so excited because I had no idea he was going to do that. We both walked her in to school and to my surprise she did not cry and neither did I. Every time I thought about her going I would get all choked up and start crying. Even orientation I got a little teary eyed thinking about it but then when it finally happened I was ok!
When I went to pick her up that day from Latch-key I walked in and the teacher said are you Madisyn's mother and I said yes...and she said, she has had a bad day. She cried a lot today! I felt a sad feeling come over me. I hate that she had a bad day. It hurts me to know that she was having a tough time and I couldn't be there to comfort her. She was ok when I got there but she had been crying all day. She even started crying when she seen me. She is a very sensitive person as am I so I know where she gets it from.
We got in the car and we talked about it. She said she had so much fun at school and she even made a new friend that has the same book bag as her(That made me feel a little better) but she hated Latch-key. She said there were no kids her age and she was scared. I was immediately worried and I had every possibility of what I could do to get her out of there running through my head. Then I thought well it is the first day most parents probably picked up there kids. I already paid for two weeks I might as well see how she does the next day and so on then go from there.
The next day when I picked her up she was playing with a little girl that I had actually met her mother at the safety town presentation. I felt so much better already. Then the teacher said she did great today. She was a totally new kid. She said she thinks the first day was just a lot on her and she was overwhelmed and scared. Oh what a relief that was to hear. I know she will have situations that she will have to overcome and I won't always be there to pull her out or help her but it still hurts as a parent to see your child upset.
The rest of the week went great.....she had so much fun she didn't even want the weekend to come. She made several new friends at school and latch-key and she is off to a great start.
Tuesday when she went back I could tell she was a little nervous again but she went and when I picked her up that day she said she had a great day. The teacher at latch-key said to me, Is she always this good? I said yeah for the most part. She couldn't believe how good she was. She is a really great kid. I couldn't ask for better that is for sure. Now Mason on the other hand he will be a different story. He is the ornery one!
I am so excited for this new adventure but I am also so scared. This is the end of her innocence. This is the start of new friends, experiences, and challenges. I will no longer be there to help her she will have to do things on her own. She will be influenced by people and taught new perspectives on life. I just hope that I have instilled in her the right advice and guidance that she will make the right decisions. I also hope she stands up for herself and what she believes. I know this is only kindergarten but it's a big step and I just what her to be the best person that she can be. I have no doubt in my mind though that she will do just fine. She is a very bright child. She says things sometimes that just blow me away.
2 comments:
OH MY GOD!!! Your back! :))
Seriously though I am really glad that Mady had a good first week and I hope the rest of her year only gets better.
I know I have a lot of catching up to do we'll see how that goes!:)
Thanks!
Post a Comment