Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back on track!

I've come to realize today that I really need to get back on track with my dieting and exercise. I was doing so good for a while but not getting the fast enough results that I wanted that I just gave up. We have been doing cookouts, birthday parties, and an assortment of other gatherings that include food so I have been eating a lot lately.

I was getting dressed this morning and I couldn't find the jeans I wanted to wear, then I found a pair that I thought were the ones I was looking for and put them on. I realized that they were not the ones that I thought they were and in fact they were the ones I had folded and put away because they were too big. I put them on and they fit great. On one hand I was kinda excited that I had another pair of jeans to wear cause I'm down to a couple that I like and that actually fit halfway decent. However on the other hand, hello I'm back into these once fat jeans. sigh... I need to do something.

I went to the store this weekend (in between taking care of my poor little guy that had the stomach flu and puking everywhere) and got some of the South Beach diet wraps and salads. I love them. I'm not on the South Beach Diet or anything but the meals are so good and convenient to take to work. I had been eating them for a while but got off track and had been eating a lot of fast food.(maybe that's one reason I'm back in my fat jeans??) So I am going to try to get back on the diet and start walking and using the elliptical again. The exercise might have to wait a day or so though cause I'm not feeling the best today. I got the whole head, throat, nose, aches and all that good stuff going on right now! I really hope I'm not trying to catch whatever my son had but I'm definitely getting something???

I really don't have time to be sick so let's hope this passes quickly! What is with everyone being sick right now anyhow??? I just don't get it!

5 comments:

JWilson said...

I know what you mean. I did so good all late winter and spring but summer hit and there just isn't as much time. I also kind of slacked off when I hit my first goal. I did excercise a few times last week but that's just not going to cut it if I want the fat to go away.

I do think eatign teh south beach meals really helps and I've been pretty good about eating those this summer.

So good luck with getting back on track and I hope you are not getting what everyone else has because it sucks big time.

Teri said...

Unfortunately I know exactly what you are going through. Instead of losing the weight I had hoped for this summer, I seemed to have put on 4 more lbs. What gives?? Ahh, to be in love with food.

Tiffany McCallen said...

You know I feel your pain! We all need to get back in action, I suppose. Strangely enough, I think we're ordering pizza for dinner. Hmm... :)

Lindsay said...

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. I guess we will get back on track after the crazy summer! I did good yesterday until I went to my in-laws for pizza. I did only have three small pieces though and I skipped on the ice cream that everyone else had. :)

JWilson said...

you skipped on Ice Cream??? I'm impressed!