This weekend was really good for me. It started out Friday night when I went to the gym and had a really good workout. It always makes me feel better when I get a good workout in. I try to do a little everyday but every once in a while I have to really push myself over the limits.
Then Saturday we woke up and my husband informed me that a bunch of people were coming over to watch the first race of the season. My first thought was great I'll make some food. Then I thought oh the house is a mess. I love to have people over I just hate the preparation for it. I needed to clean anyhow but when I know people are coming over I get a little more picky. I started the normal picking up the toys that the kids dragged out the night before. I was to lazy to pick them up before I went to bed. Then I cleaned up the kitchen, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, etc. By that time we needed to get going cause we were getting our taxes done at 1:00. I love the lady we go to she is awesome. She always helps us get the most we can back. Last year Robbie forgot to tell his employer to take out the school district tax so we had to pay that. Well guess what? he did it again this year. Grrrrr! I bet he won't forget this year huh?? We didn't do as well as we did last year but we still made out pretty good! Hey anything is better than paying and not getting any return. At least we will still be able to get some stuff paid off!
After we got that done we went and had lunch at Wendy's and then went to the store to get some food to make for our guests. I also had to get some stuff for the week so I didn't have to go back later on in the week even though I now need to go get diapers but that never ends. Once we got home I got the food going and the rest of the house cleaned up. I scrubbed the bath room and swept all the floors and we were ready to go! We had a good time, the girls decided to go snoop around at the store while the guys watched the race and the kids.
Then Sunday was a great day. We woke up early and decided since it was such a nice day out let's go looking around. It was only like 50 degrees out but for us that seemed like spring with all the snow and below 0 temps we have been having lately. It was such a nice change and it was bright sun all day so it was wonderful. We went to Home Depot cause we have been wanting to get hardwood floors for the front and back rooms, but haven't found anything we really liked or that was in our price range. We were also looking for some glass tiles to do a back splash in the kitchen but unfortunately the home stores around here don't carry what I was looking for. Bummer! However we finally found some flooring we really liked and it was a great deal. We decided to look at one more store before deciding but they didn't have the color we wanted so we went back to Home Depot and bought the flooring. I was so excited, we have been talking about it for a while but never decided on anything.
My sister-in-law and brother-in-law were with us and they also bought some flooring at the other store for their living room. We went back to our house and the guys had the front room done in about 3 hours. It looks great I love it! Now I'm just waiting for the back room to get done. My husband also decided to repaint the backroom before we rip up the carpet so my front and back rooms are now in my kitchen and I cannot move in there. I have a couch, tables, bookcase, computer desk, and some other odds and ends in my kitchen. I know it's only for a short time but it's driving me nuts. I had the whole house really clean on Saturday and now it's a complete mess. I'm going insane but I know the final outcome is going to be great so I'm ok with it. I just can't wait to get it all put back together. I will post some pictures as soon as he gets it all done!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
A work in process
Posted by Lindsay at 2:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is impressive! You guys crack me up with the home improvements since your house is so darn new. I suppose, though, when you don't have a million things wrong with your house like we do, a few projects here and there would be fun. :) Glad your weekend was productive!
I know I hated to rip up carpet that was only 2 years old but between the dog and the kids it was a little nasty! :)
Post a Comment