I had a lot to celebrate yesterday and It couldn't have went any better! First off and the most important celebration was my mommy's birthday. She turned 54 and let me just say she does not look or act 54. She can out party me any day. LOL! Usually on my mom's birthday me and my sister take her to lunch and then to a movie or shopping??? Whatever she wants to do. We always have a girls day out with out the kiddo's. This year since her birthday fell on Super Bowl Sunday and the Steelers are my Grandma's favorite team we went over to my grandma's for a Super Bowl Party. She decided to just celebrate with the whole family, so my aunt got her a cake and we made it a birthday/Super Bowl celebration. Madisyn made grandma a card, which of course my mom loved I think better than her actual gift. She has been wanting Mama Mia since it came out so I got her that on DVD. I still haven't seen it so we may make that another weekend and hang out watching Mama Mia and having a little girls day.
That brings us to the number two celebration, which is the Super Bowl. Like I said the Steelers are my Grandma's team and everyone who knows me knows I could really care less about football so I root for whoever my husband likes. In this case it wasn't his Packers there so of course I'm going to root for my grandma's team. I really wanted them to win for her and they did it! What a great game! We had went home at half time so the kids weren't out to late but I finished watching the game at home. I started to dose off at the end. When I dosed off the score was Steelers-20 and Cardinals-7. Robbie woke me up with a loud yell and then I realized I missed a lot when I looked at the TV and the score was Steelers-20 and Cardinals-23. What the heck happened??? So that woke me right up and I finished watching the Steelers come back for a strong victory. YEAH!!!!! Go Steelers! and Yeah for team grandma! I'm really glad that they won for her.
That brings us to the third celebration of the day. I was in a football pool at work and I never win so I even debated on getting in this last one. It is usually only $5 but for this game it was $10. Do I really want to waste $10???? I decided what the hell it was the last game so why not? Boy am I glad I did. In the second quarter the Steelers scored that last min touchdown which won me $50. I was sooooo excited and if that wasn't enough the winning touchdown for the Steelers got me another $100 so I ended up with $150. Whoo who!!!!!!! It doesn't get any better than that. Not only did the Steelers win but they helped me win some moolah!
What a great day!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Celebration times 3!!!!
Posted by Lindsay at 8:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Even though I'm not a Steelers fan at all I'm glad my former Buckeye now Super Bowl MVP won you $150.00. You'll have to let us know how you decided to spend that money.
Hey, way to go big gambler! I love those unexpected, happy things in life. Glad you had such a good weekend too.
Post a Comment