A couple of weeks ago I hung out with a friend of mine that I don't see very often. Her and her husband invited us out to hang out and so the guys could go hunting. They have a lot of land behind their house so it was nice that they could just walk out back and hunt while us girls stayed at the house with the kids and talked and ate. What girls do best! So as we were chatting she decided to make a apple pie from scratch. I thought holy cow your going to just through together a pie right now??? I have never made a pie and I thought it was a huge time consuming deal. Well I was wrong...she threw this thing together and made it look so easy.
We had dinner and then it was time for the pie! Yum it was really good. I thought wow maybe I can pull that off? So I asked for the recipe and she so kindly shared the family recipe for the crust which was so good!
So that next weekend (the weekend before Thanksgiving) Me and Robbie decided to put up the tree, the lights and all the Christmas decor. That way we didn't have to worry about it when we got back from Green Bay. So we were home all day and I thought it was a perfect opportunity for me to take a stab at making my own apple pie. I didn't do to bad. Of course she made it look so much easier than it was but it still wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I only made one mistake and that was when you fill the pie with apples you really have to mound them up because they shrink quite a bit in the baking process. My pie kind of deflated a little after it sat but it still tasted great! (Note for self: Fill the pie with lots and lots of apples) So here is the final outcome:
We had dinner and then it was time for the pie! Yum it was really good. I thought wow maybe I can pull that off? So I asked for the recipe and she so kindly shared the family recipe for the crust which was so good!
So that next weekend (the weekend before Thanksgiving) Me and Robbie decided to put up the tree, the lights and all the Christmas decor. That way we didn't have to worry about it when we got back from Green Bay. So we were home all day and I thought it was a perfect opportunity for me to take a stab at making my own apple pie. I didn't do to bad. Of course she made it look so much easier than it was but it still wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I only made one mistake and that was when you fill the pie with apples you really have to mound them up because they shrink quite a bit in the baking process. My pie kind of deflated a little after it sat but it still tasted great! (Note for self: Fill the pie with lots and lots of apples) So here is the final outcome:
Oh and here is the Christmas tree..........
2 comments:
I bet both of your pies were awesome! The tree looks great too!
Linz you did GREAT! At least you remembered all the ingredients and didn't have to Grey's Anatomy your poor pie like I did. :) Love the decor too... looks very festive!
Post a Comment