Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I know I'm always behind on my posts but hey if you know me you know I'm always late to everything including my blog. Hey I'm a busy gal what can I say??? (I know I'm really just lazy).

So back to the reason for this post. Christmas....We had a really nice Christmas this year. We started of the festivities by going to my Dad's house on Christmas Eve for dinner/lunch at 2:00. We had opened presents first because it's hard for kids to eat knowing they have presents waiting for them to be ripped into. Mason got a drum set which he was ecstatic about and it ended up kind of a bad idea that we did open presents first cause he didn't want to eat after opening that. He also got a train set from my Dad and step mom. Then my sister, Aunt Andrea and Uncle Paul got him a dinosaur set, it must have had 20+ dinosaurs in it and some little trees and other accessories to play with. He got some little tools from Handy Manny from them as well.
Mason and Madisyn playing his drum set........


Mady got a nice wooden baby cradle and some princess skates from my dad and step mom. She had the skates on until we left there house i think. Then from Aunt Andrea and Uncle Paul she got a princess dress up set and I can't remember what else??? Sorry sis they got a lot of stuff this year.

After my Dad's we packed up and headed to Robbie's grandma's Christmas gathering which was at the clubhouse of his uncle's condo this year because his grandma had a pipe burst in the attic a few days prior to Christmas. Which caused them to have some major water damage and they had to live in a hotel for few days. Talk about bad timing. She lost some old pictures that were on the walls too of the family which really sucks.

We get there kinda late in the evening so we miss the big crowd of people but we still got to visit with some of the family and then it was on to Grandma Doreen's for the annual Christmas Jammie opening. Every year my mother in law buys everyone Christmas PJ's and we all open them together then go home and put them on so that we can wake up Christmas morning in our new Jammie's....

Christmas morning Mason woke us up about 7 but he had to go in and wake up Madisyn. The kids had a great Christmas this year, they got a lot from Santa. Mason was really into opening presents this year which was not the case last year so he was a lot of fun.


Mason's big present this year was his remote control dinosaur which he was a little scared of at first but loves now. Madisyn's was the big dog that barks, sits, gives paw, etc. She also got a baby which she loved.



After doing our own thing we headed over to Robbie's moms for breakfast. Then we went to his sister's to open presents. We had it at her house this year because his mom's is getting a little small for all of us to open presents together in one room. With four kids and there spouses and four grand kids it is getting little tight. Then we headed to our last stop....my grandma's but not before we stopped home to unload the car. We had to take the stuff we got at his mom's home so we could fit the gifts from my grandma's in the car. I told you they got a lot of stuff this year. I think Mason's favorite toy was the guitar my grandma got him. He loves guitars and he was so excited to have his own.





The Guitar....I think he would sleep with it if I let him.

The rest of the day we spent at my grandma's were we stuffed our faces and just hung out talking and playing catch up while the kids ran around and played.

Of course they had the best time in a cardboard box go figure....why do we spend all this money on presents again????

What a great Christmas!

The next day me and Robbie were both off work so we took the opportunity to clean out the kids rooms before bringing up any new toys. We got rid of two huge trash bags full of toys. We also took down Mason's baby bed. :( I had a hard time with that one because he is probably my last baby and he is growing up so fast. I wouldn't mind having another but Robbie is content with just two so who knows what will happen but for now we are done with all the baby stuff. The crib is in pieces in the garage for the first time since we put it together when we had our first. That was hard to do for me but it was time.

We rearranged his room and brought all of his new toys up and organized the room. Then we did Mady's. We got her some plastic drawers to put under the bed for more storage that way her room is not so cluttered. It was a big job but we felt so much better after it was all done and the Christmas gifts were put away and out of the living room.

Now I just need to get my Christmas stuff taken down and put aways so I can get my house back to normal again!

1 comments:

Tiffany McCallen said...

Whew! You guys travel all over the place like we did. Glad we're not the only insane ones. :) And it looks like you had a very merry Christmas indeed!