Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's that time of year again...

It's time once again for all the wonderful illnesses to begin. You always know when winter is coming when everyone around you starts getting sick. It started with a lot of people having colds ( me not one of them yet...key word YET) So I'm waiting patiently for it to hit me. However it has been going around the sitters. A couple of the kids have had some colds and then I think it was last week or so, the vomiting and fevers started. There is nothing you can do about it so I just sit back and wait for it to hit my munchkins.

Well Monday night I get home, rush around getting Madisyn dressed for gymnastics, and before we could head out the door Mason pukes all over my kitchen floor. It was on his coat, shoes, shirt, my feet, pants, kitchen table, wall and base boards. It was everywhere......So we didn't quite make it to gymnastics that night. Poor Mady she was all ready to go, dressed and heading out the door.

That night Mason slept with us just in case he woke up sick again and I wanted to be sure I heard him. Well sometime in the middle of the night he did wake up sick but we never heard it (yes he was right next to me??) So I woke up to vomit all over my bed. Yippee just what I like to do is laundry at 6:30 in the morning.

Good news is he was fine the rest of the day. He ate really good and was in a good mood all day so it must of just been some small little bug that was going around??? I got to spend a little time just me and him once I took Mady to school so that was nice. I just hope the rest of us don't get it. I guess we will see!

3 comments:

JWilson said...

I can't believe he got sick in your bed and you slept in it. I'm glad it didn't last long though.

Emily said...

Oh God, that is horrible~! I know, its hitting around here too. I will say a prayer, but we area all goners!

Tiffany McCallen said...

We're in lingering cold central (two days in a row Noah's been up at 6 AM coughing and wimpering...hooray). But, not puking in bed... that would be too much for me! Hope you all feel better soon.