Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Birthday

Saturday was my birthday but I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to post a lot. I can't believe I'm getting so close to 30. I turned 27 so a couple more years and I will be in my 30's. It just seems so weird that I used to think 30 was so old..... but now that it's right around the corner it doesn't seem like such a big deal. I still feel like I did when I was 19, although I look a little different then I did back then. I used to dread the thought of getting older and while I do wish I could stay young forever I am actually looking forward to my 30's. I think my 30's are going to be a lot of fun. I feel like I spent my 20's having babies, getting married, etc. So now my kids are getting a little older and funner to take places so I think it will be a fun adventure. I know I'm not there yet but I am not so scared of it like I used to be.

I woke up Saturday morning pretty early because I was doing The Race for the Cure and had to meet my friend at 7:00am. Here in downtown Columbus they held the Komen Race for the Cure to help benefit breast cancer research and to acknowledge those who have lost there lives to breast cancer and those that are survivors or going through it as we speak. I love to help out whenever I can so whenever there are walks around town here to benefit a special cause I always try to join in to help out.

I watch WBNS 10TV news every morning while I get ready for work. There was one news anchor Heather Pick that I loved on there. She was diagnosed with Breast cancer several years ago and she continued to work even when she was at her lowest. She was an incredible women. Even though I didn't know her I felt like I did because she was in my bedroom every morning with me. (not really but on TV....he he) Her dedication to her job and family was just amazing. She had a wonderful spirit and outlook on life. I can't imagine going through something like that and still having such a good attitude about it.

Heather was always the one that did the race for the cure. However this year she was unable to do that, Heather passed away back in November. In memory of her 10TV created Heather's Team. You could join her team and get a T-shirt and Pink wig like she wore at the end of her battle. I did not join Heather's Team but I did join a friends team and walked with them in the 5k. It was insane how many people came this year. I think there were over 45,000 that joined the walk and they raised close to or over $2 million, which I think is awesome. Here is a picture of Heather's team with there wigs on....


That was just few of them, there were a lot more than that who were not in the picture. The streets were just packed full of people and I was glad to be a part of it.

So after that I went home and showered and then went out to my Dad's house for a cookout to celebrate our birthday's. If you didn't know already me and my dad share the same birthday so we usually always try to spend it together. It was supposed to rain all day but it ended up being a pretty nice day. We did have one down pour right as we sat down to eat and had to run inside to get out of the rain but the rest of the day was okay. I'm just glad it didn't rain at the walk.

After we ate and had dessert and hung out at my dad's we went home and watched some TV and then went to bed. It was a pretty low key birthday for me but I enjoyed it a lot! I did go out to dinner and shopping Friday night with some girls to celebrate my birthday so that was really fun! Of course we had to have some margarita's to celebrate...whooohoo! Madisyn and Mason helped daddy pick out some flowers and stuff for my garden. Madisyn was so excited to give me this cute little bird I wanted for my flower beds. I'll have to post a picture of him when I get my camera working again.

1 comments:

JWilson said...

I wish I would have known you were doing the walk. I was working so you wer right by me. :)