Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is a very special day although I don't think a lot of people recognize the true meaning of it as much as they should. We get one day to be recognized out of the 365 days in the year that we work oh so hard. Being a mother is the hardest thing in the world but at the same time the most rewarding thing in the world. The hardest part I have now is the worrying. I worry about my kids so much. I hear of all these stories all the time of kids getting hurt, dying of horrible illnesses, disappearing, etc. It's such a scary thought to think about. It's also those stories that help me realize how extremely blessed I am to have two wonderful, smart, healthy kids that I love more than anything in this world.

I knew as a child that I wanted to be a mommy. I always dreamed of someone dropping a baby off on my doorstep and I would be able to take care of it. I loved to play babies and when most young girls were dreaming of there wedding day and how it would all turn out I was dreaming of being a mommy. Go figure that I became a mom twice before I finally got married.

My Mother's Day started on Saturday this year. I went out to the lake where my mom has a camper to celebrate Mother's day with her because I knew I would not see her on Sunday (actual Mother's day) We were going to take a ride on her boat but it was really windy and the water was way to choppy so we all went to dinner and then back to her camper for some drinks and girl talk while the guys hung out outside. It was really nice even though we were party poopers and fell asleep way before the guys. I did get to wake up with my momma so that was nice to be able to tell her Happy Mother's Day first thing in the morning. Madisyn woke me up with a Happy Mother's Day in my ear which was really sweet. When we got home the kids and Robbie had given me a card that they recorded a little message in and a gift card to Starbucks....man they know how to make a mommy happy! Then we got ready and they took me out to lunch for some pizza.

We headed over to my mother-in-laws to spend some time with her since it was not only just Mother's Day but her birthday as well so we got her some flowers and a big statue of a frog for her flower bed's. She loved the frog and so did the kids! He is really cute and looks nice with all the flowers. Then we had a cookout and just hung out until the evening when we went home.

My father-in-law got me a flat of flowers for Mother's Day which was very nice of him. I just have to get them planted now before they die! I will be busy this week I guess. I need to work in my flower bed along with a million other things. This Saturday is me and my dad's birthday and I am also walking in the race for the cure. Then Sunday we are taking the kids to the circus. Then I have a wedding that I'm in on the 22nd and then it's my brother in law's birthday, my sister's birthday, sister-in-law to be's birthday and then Madisyn's birthday so I have a busy month and then there is June.........a whole other month full of fun stuff!

I'm looking forward to all the craziness though. I'm the type of person that if I didn't have something to do all the time I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

So here's to a very nice Mother's Day and many more. I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs as much as I did. :)

2 comments:

JWilson said...

You are right Linds being a mother is awesome and scary all at the same time. :)

Glad to hear you had a nice Mother's Day! :)

Tiffany McCallen said...

What a fab day you had! Lucky lady!