Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Festivities

We started the Easter festivities on Wednesday with of course coloring eggs. I think I enjoy this as much as the kids if not more. I love coloring eggs. They turned out really good too...very bright. The kids of course had fun and I have a couple of pics of them being goofy with there eggs. My camera died while I was trying to get some pics and somehow the charger is missing. I think the kids did something with it but neither one is fessing up to it??? grrrr! I was really mad considering this past weekend was Easter and no camera. So I had to take pictures with my camera phone. I guess better than none at all but I was still a little bummed.

Here they are being goofy

Awwww they really do love each other.......


The final product......


On Saturday we went to an Easter party at the Eagles club that Sheena's dad is a member of so he signed up the kids. They had a great time. They iced cookies, had cupcakes, juice, face painting and then the Easter Bunny came. I thought Mason would freak but he didn't. He actually walked up and held his arms up so the Easter Bunny could pick him up. Madisyn was excited to see him as well. My friend got a picture but I don't have it yet so I will have to post those later. ( I really need my camera back ) So then it was off to the Easter egg hunt. They got to each pick 4 eggs so that there were enough for everyone which was hard cause there were eggs everywhere. The eggs had money in them which I thought was nice of them to do. I'm not sure who donated that money but there were a lot of eggs so it had to of been a lot. The kids thought that was great! It was such a nice day for it too! Then we went to grandma Doreen's house to color more eggs with there cousin.

On Sunday, Easter morning Madisyn was the first one out of bed and she ran downstairs to peek at what the Easter Bunny had left. She noticed the eggs he had hid around the house and she was so excited. She ran back up and woke up her brother. Then they went down and found there baskets with there little gifts in them. Madisyn got a diary and a movie she has been wanting and Mason got a monster truck. He was so excited about that darn thing. Of course they got the usual chocolate Easter bunny and other various candy items.

Madisyn with her movie


Mason and his monster truck



They both got these little chicks that chirp when you hold
them in your hand, which they loved!


After Easter at our house we headed over to church which was great as always. Then we went to Grandma Doreen's (MIL) and the kids played while the adults finished cooking. We had Easter lunch there and then we were off to my grandma's house or Nana's house as the kids would say. That is were we seen my mom (Grandma Debbie). She of course got them way to much as always and when we went to leave the car was packed full of all kinds of stuff from everyone. It was like Christmas I tell ya! I think they got four Easter baskets each.

Here is the kids eating with their cousin Blake, since I didn't have my camera this is the only
picture I have of them in there Easter attire.......


Then it was home and off to bed. Turned out to be a great Easter minus all the pictures of them in at the Easter egg hunt and all the other things we did that day due to the missing charger.......hopefully we can solve that mystery very soon!

0 comments: