I made a New Year's resolution to get into shape this year. Of course I say this every year but I have really took forth the effort and done it this time. I have never been over weight but I have always dieted and watched what I ate my whole life. I remember starving myself in the eight grade. My mom gave me lunch money and I would skip lunch and save the money for other things (I won't say what for...) I did this until about the 10Th grade, well not the starving part but the saving money part. I just starved myself in 8Th grade. I did get really skinny but little did I know that was not the way to do it and oh how I had no reason to be doing it back then. I was skinny already but for some reason I thought I was fat. I did eat, just not breakfast or lunch so it wasn't like I was anorexic or anything.
Anyways where I'm going with this is that I've always been worried about my appearance and always want to be skinner than I was. I guess because my mom was always on some kind of diet or exercise program from the day I was born and still is, so I guess that was just stuck in my head. So I was raised eating healthy food. We had to have fruit with every meal and we were only aloud milk or water with our dinner. We also were only aloud caffeine free pop on Friday's (pizza night). I guess growing up that way I have always worried about what I ate and getting fat.
As a teenager I didn't really have to worry to much cause I could go on a diet for a week or so loose some weight and go back to pizza and fried chicken and be fine! (Those were the days..) Now that I've had two kids, one that was almost 9lbs at birth my stomach just doesn't look the same and it drives me insane every day. I am saving for a tummy tuck because no matter how many crunches I do it will never be flat again.....my doctor ruined my hopes for that after my first child. I guess I don't have good elasticity in my skin so my stomach stretched out and never bounced back. So back to the reason for the post. I get side tracked and drift off a lot......I have been eating much healthier since the new year and have Incorporated a lot more fresh veggies and foods rather than frozen meals and processed foods. It's impossible for me to totally cut out all processed foods because there so convenient. I'm very busy all of the time so it is hard for me to get home and make a nice healthy home cooked meal but I try my darnedest!
Another thing I have done is started exercising much more. I found this wonderful gym across the street from my work and it's only $5 a year to go there. Yes you heard that right $5...I could not believe it. So I try to go over there and workout as much as I can. I've started running on the treadmill and doing weights etc. I feel really good when I'm doing it but after almost two weeks I don't feel like it's done anything??? It's so frustrating that you work so hard and no results. I guess I need to be patient and I'm sure I will start to see results. I hope! If not I don't know what else to do....change up the exercise routine maybe??
My knee is starting to hurt really bad too! It's been hurting for a while but today it's really bad. I think it's the running on the treadmill. How do people run miles and miles?? I think I would die. I guess it's hard work to look good! haha! I feel so old....am I going to need a knee replacement before I'm 30??? I thought exercise was supposed to help your joints and muscles? Oh well I guess I will keep on doing what I'm doing and see what happens. Let's hope for the best.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Getting in shape is hard work
Posted by Lindsay at 10:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You sound like me last year at this time when I was working out everyday and eating super healthy and wasn't loosing anything. So now it's my turn to say this...
Just be patient, it will pay off in the end if you stick with it. I promise.
You were right last year and I lost my 10 pounds so that must mean I'm right this year. :))
Are you serious? $5 for a gym membership? I wish I worked closer to your office and had the time to work out!
Hats off to you for your hard work. It will pay off, just when you least expect it. You can do it!
Post a Comment